|REVIEW| Book Review: Maze Runner Trilogy (SPOILER ALERT)



I hate to rush when I am reading books. It takes the fun out of reading while all I have in mind are deadlines. That is also part of the reasons I need weeks, possibly months, to finish a book one can finish within a day. I read into every single word, make out the details and imagine the whole thing. I try making every scene clear and vivid because I like to compare my imaginations with the directors' if the book is screened.

If you are a fan of The Maze Runner trilogy, you can tell what this is about just from the title. These three books, which I only started reading after I'd watched the movie (The Maze Runner), are amazing. The ending ends similar to that in Divergent trilogy except that it is way more vicious and terrifying.

Like I said, I take time to create the scenes described in the books. Turns out, it makes me crazy. I keep worrying that someone is going to lunge at me every time I step outside my house. It is as if the world has really gone through the flare and everyone outside has contracted the flare virus and turns into a crank.
We are the cranks. Welcome to our world. *Giggle and scream*

All I can tell you is I hate these things. They scare me out of my wit. Before this there is Walking Dead, then World War Z. All these shits are crazy yet at the same time, totally plausible (main reason it's frightening I think). But this trilogy is GOOD, so GOOD I hate myself for finishing it. 

Main characters from the books.

From the beginning, it started with a description of the trials they are running to get a cure for the flare. One thing James didn't mention until the beginning the book 3, The Death Cure, is that there are actually people who are IMMUNE to the fatal disease (They are called munies and most people who are in the trials are munies). So, the whole time they have been 'WASTING' the lives of munies to save a bunch of cranks by creating a cure that is almost impossible, smart. 

But what to do? Everyone is desperate for a cure. The remaining governments have gathered all the resources they can put their hands on and WICKED is set up to create and run this whole experiment. Yet, it yields nothing but more deaths and crashes more hopes, which the world then could really use less. 

Luckily, the story ends exactly as I wish. The head of WICKED has decided to send away all the munies who haven't got killed to a safe place, in hope that they'll thrive and survive while the rest of the human race literally eats itself to extinction. 

Sort of a happy ending and it would've be even better if Teresa doesn't die on Thomas. I've always shipped them and never would I EVER expect her death. 
Another thing I don't get, is why Thomas wouldn't take his memory back. Many times I've imagined standing in his shoes and tried to get a better view. One would assume after so many attempts I'd understand but no. All I see is stupidity and stubbornness. Oh wait, maybe that's why I can't grasp it. Maybe not, I don't know. 



All in all, this is something I would highly recommend if you like Divergent/The Hunger Games/Walking Dead/World War Z or any world-ending/zombies-ruling kind of stories. The scenes in the books are very well-linked and packed I would say there is almost no time for you to breathe even a second longer.

Take some time and enjoy the books~!

If you happen to read this and at the same time have read the trilogy, leave a comment and share your thoughts on the books! I would be really happy to hear what you think about it. 

Thank you for reading, see you in the next post!

No comments

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to read this post and for leaving a comment too! You have just made my day! <3
Make sure to check back as all comments are read and replied to with much appreciation. :D