|REVIEW| Bioderma Sensibio H2O Review (vs Eucerin)

Bioderma review

I was late in the game of micellar water. I only learnt about micellar water when I bought my first Eucerin Micellar Cleansing Fluid 3-in-1 in 2014. Little did I realise the existence of Bioderma and its powerful Sensibio H2O micellar water. Since late is better than never, I picked up my first two bottles of Bioderma Sensibio H2O 500ml and luck was with me I got them at a huge discount. Normally it retails at above RM120 (RM110 on Hermo) but I purchased it for only RM74!

What is micellar water?

Micellar water is basically water filled with tiny oil droplets. It is popular among the French ladies and they claim that it is able to lift up the makeup and sunscreen you put on your face, leaving it totally clean!

bioderma review
Bioderma Sensibio H2O (RM110 for 500ML)

IT FEELS GENTLER
I've been using this for almost two months now and I only have good things to say about it. It feels much gentler on the skin compared to Eucerin. It doesn't sting or hurt and I'm not sure I can say the same for Eucerin because it stung my face no matter how gently I was swiping the cotton pads across my face and this used to bother me so much. And I don't want this to happen to you! Here I am, trying my best to compare the two products for you.

When I first try Bioderma Sensibio H2O, it totally changed the game. Although it feels a tiny bit oilier on the skin when the cotton pad first came into contact with my skin, the oily feeling disappear right after I disposed of the cotton pad. My face feels smooth and comfortable and it doesn't feel dry. Most importantly, it doesn't sting or hurt, and that ranks it above Eucerin.

HOW TO USE MICELLAR WATER?
You are good to go once you're done wiping your face.

Are you serious?

Of course I am! That's the convenience of micellar water. You don't have to wash off afterwards. This depends on your skin type but I have never broken out once for not washing it off. You can then follow up with your favourite toner before you start your day/night routine.

bioderma review

OFF YOU GO DIRT!

In terms of cleaning power, I think Bioderma is good for daily use at taking off sunscreen and foundation but not the waterproof makeups. I love using it after my AHA Wash Cleansing at the end of the day because I tend to break out much lesser whenever I practice cleansing with micellar water, be it Bioderma or Eucerin. I feel oddly satisfied to see all the yellow stains on the cotton pads! Haha! Does this resonate with any of you? ;)

However, when I try to use it to clean waterproof makeups like my mascara and eyeliner, it performs badly. Which is why I still stick to using makeup remover before I dive in to my double cleansing routine.

TESTING BIODERMA SENSIBIO H2O
From left to right, I have my brown eyeshadow (I use this for my brows), glossy lipsticks (2 shades), blush, semi-permanent mascara , waterproof eyeliner, matte lipstick and yellow eyeshadow.

bioderma review

how to use micellar water
 To show how waterproof some of the products are, I went over them once with water.

how to use micellar water
Time to go in with Bioderma Sensibio H2O (line on top)!

Now you see why I say it doesn't work well with waterproof/semi-permanent products. It barely removed my mascara and eyeliner. They are still sitting almost intact on my skin and they seem to stay on even better compared to just using water!

how to use micellar water
This is after a few more wipes using the same cotton pad.

how to use micellar water
After some extremely vigorous rubbing, some of the semi-permanent mascara is still remaining. You can see my hand is red! Note: you should never attempt this on your face.

MY RECOMMENDATION FOR YOU
Rubbing vigorously at your eyes or face will never work and you should never do so. Not only it irritates your skin, it may even create premature wrinkles! I am sure none of us beauty lovers want that! Therefore I recommend you to use a makeup remover or cleansing oil beforehand then wipe it again with micellar water. This will ensure all dirts and makeup are removed and you can avoid suffering from a bad bout of breakouts due to insufficient cleaning!

Tips: when removing eye makeup, especially waterproof ones, with makeup remover, press the cotton pad lightly against your lashes and count slowly to 10 before removing it. This is the most efficient way to take off the eyeliner and mascara without excessive rubbing around the eye area or pulling on the eyelashes.

INGREDIENTS
As always, the Bioderma Sensibio H2O ingredient list:

(Skincarisma)
Water (Aqua), PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Propylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Mannitol, Xylitol, Rhamnose, Fructooligosaccharides, Disodium EDTA, Cetrimonium Bromide.
Eucerin 3-in-1:

(Skincarisma)
Aqua, Poloxamer 124, Glyceryl Glucoside, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Decyl Glucoside, Arginine HCL, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Trisodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, 1,2-Hexanediol, Phenoxyethanol
Only one ingredient was flagged as less safe for Eucerin! Eucerin is definitely a winner in terms of ingredients. That really tells how differently your skin type will affect your reaction to a product. Although Eucerin seems to have a better list of ingredients, I react better to Bioderma. That's why I always urge all of you to ask for samples or test out a product in store before you buy!

PRICE COMPARISON 
How can we compare two products without a price comparison? Time to brace yourself, because a lot of numbers are coming! 

Bioderma 500ml
Discounted
Price: RM74
Price per ml: RM0.15

Not discounted
Price: RM110
Price per ml: RM0.22

Eucerin 200ml
Price: RM40
Price per ml: RM0.20

Conclusion? Buy Bioderma when they offer it at a discount! Here are some good places I recommend to watch for discount:



Guardian is currently selling two 500ml at RM178 (valid in April 2017) and if you're a new customer, you can register to get a RM10 off with free shipping. That sums up to RM168 which means each only costs RM84. Still a pretty good steal don't you think?

But if your skin is not as sensitive as mine, and you really want to try out micellar water now, I do think Eucerin is a cheaper alternative to look at. You can grab Eucerin at any Watsons store or check out their online store

So here's the Bioderma vs Eucerin comparison! Are you using micellar water too? Tell me in the comment below! I would love to hear your opinion on this! :)

Thank you for reading, see you in the next post!
SaveSave

No comments

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to read this post and for leaving a comment too! You have just made my day! <3
Make sure to check back as all comments are read and replied to with much appreciation. :D