|REVIEW| Food Review: Garage 51 @ Sunway (No Service Tax!)

Garage 51 review

Hooray! Internet! I've never been so happy to see that 5 bars on the bottom right of my desktop all lit up and without the warning sign because I'm dying to share with you after a lovely dinner at Garage 51 (Click to find out more about the cafe!).

First thing first, I love the environment. On my way walking into the cafe, I found chairs made of Pennzoil oil cans in various colours. Deeply awed by it's unique furniture, my heart willingly gave up its space when I discovered the high ceiling interior of the cafe. After being seated by the waitress, I looked around and found out they have lamps shaped like the chemical bonds. Time to eat. :P

The Latte art attracted my eyes so much even though I'm not a coffee lover, I couldn't help but want to take a sip. However, I didn't get the chance to do so because I was sick by that time and wouldn't want to spread the infection to my family. >.< BAD TIMING BACTERIA! After watching dad do the coffee tasting, I asked him for his opinion on the Latte. "Smooth, tasted not bad," dad said, "I wouldn't mind having it again."

p.s. that means MARVELOUS in dad's language. 

Then came the main course. Gosh I was hungry.

Garage 51 review
Near: Aglio Olio with Smoked Salmon (mine)
Far: Aglio Olio with Beef (mummy's)
Wherever you are... Get it get it? :D

I loved my Aglio Olio with Smoked Salmon. Oh man, I would totally order this again the next time I visit Garage 51. I ordered this because salmon has always been my favourite. Since it was my first time trying, I decided to go with something I like. 

This. Dish. Was. Perfect.

The salmon tasted just nice, not too raw, not too cooked, with the flavourings, the Aglio Olio was made delicious. I highly recommend this dish. (No I'm not paid to say this) My mum had the Aglio Olio with Beef. She thinks the beef was served in an amount too little and the price is set slightly too high. Overall, it was okay.

Garage 51 review

This was my dad's order. It came in a set with the Latte and a Blueberry Cheesecake. This is another salmon dish by Garage 51. Below the salmon there were small potato wedges and they were covered in a sauce made from mayonnaise. Unfortunately, the salmon was a bit thick to the liking of dad's taste and overall he would only rate the dish ordinary.

It was somewhat a pleasant dinner to us. We had small talk with each other and because it wasn't dinner time yet. The place was not crowded and the ambiance was tranquil. I would totally recommend this place if you're looking to catch up with a small group of friends and are into western food and coffee.

Thank you for reading, see you in the next post!

2 comments

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to read this post and for leaving a comment too! You have just made my day! <3
Make sure to check back as all comments are read and replied to with much appreciation. :D