|REVIEW| Food Review: Eden @ Hutton Lane

eden hutton lane penang review


According to my dad, there was once a saying back in the days: you have not truly been to Penang if you have not tried Eden. Well, guess I've finally TRULY been to Penang after so many trips there. First off, I'm sure some of you are confused about the empty shop despite the two hour wait I mentioned in my previous post. Waited for two hours for an empty restaurant? What's happening?

Well, it goes like this:


My family and I went out early in the morning to the island to avoid the traffic congestion that usually happens on the Penang bridge. But we were lucky enough to be spared from the jam and arrive at Georgetown at around 11. After visiting the Guan Yin temple, we had a simple lunch at some of the hawker stalls and ate a full stomach of chendul before we headed to the aforementioned place. It was only 4.00 pm when we first reached and Eden only starts serving at 6.00 pm (FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO DINE THERE, TAKE NOTE!). So, there goes that two hour wait story. 

Note: Eden now has a branch in KLIA so you don't have to visit Penang just for it! :D 

Okay! Let's cut to the chase. FOOD!

Since we were still sated from the food in the afternoon (greed's vengeance at its best), four of us only ordered three main courses as our dinner. Off we go, the food journey in Eden!

A lot of you might have already seen the picture I posted on Instagram last week of this salmon steak. My Mum ordered this and she wouldn't stop praising the deliciousness of this salmon baby. Remember I once said salmon is my favourite? That's because no matter how, salmon can always work its magic and push the dish to another level. This is no exception to my experiences with salmon. 
Try SALMON STEAK in Eden @ Hutton Lane if you have a chance! You'll be guaranteed a no regret. :)

eden hutton lane penang review
Chicken Portuguese

My order came next after Mum's. 
"JUICY!" I was so happy with the chicken that that was my first thought when I first bite the chicken. The dish was further complemented by the carrots and the corns that brought out the taste of the chicken covered in the sauce. Even the fries, my worst enemies, were crispy and soft at the same time. Well, guess everything tastes marvelous when you're in a good mood?

Last:

eden hutton lane penang review
Grilled Pepper Chicken.

Brother chose the Today's Special off the blackboard they put on the outside of the restaurant and again he wasn't disappointed. But then again, my brother is really great at choosing food and I always think his orders are better than mine in terms of taste and look. Or is that just my mind tricking me? 

Oh well.

Click on this to let me take you to Eden's website and see what they have to offer you. :)

Leave a comment and tell me how you think the photos look (trying a new edit) and if you like the food there!

Thank you for reading, see you in the next post!

No comments

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to read this post and for leaving a comment too! You have just made my day! <3
Make sure to check back as all comments are read and replied to with much appreciation. :D