|FOOD STORY| My Favourite: Tart Passion Bakery @ Damansara Utama

Tart passion bakery review

I SNATCHED ALL SIX
Last Saturday I had the pleasure to try out the tarts at Tart Passion Bakery located in Damansara Utama. I love eating tarts, especially egg tarts, but I'm also a very picky tart eater. I've tried a lot of egg tarts before but so far I haven't been able to find one that matches the one I had years ago. I still remember gobbling down all six of the tarts in the box although my aunt meant to give them to my grandmother. Not a very good niece/grandchild, am I? 😂😅 And kids, no you shouldn't do that because that's super impolite.

Tart passion bakery review
The crusts are ready for the heat!

FRESHLY BAKED ON SITE
When I arrived at the stall in Restoran Kopitiam Bintang, the owner, Angel Ng, was getting the crusts ready for the oven. As much as I love tarts, I was never a kitchen person so I never know how tarts are made. Maybe I should start paying as much attention to what I put into my mouth as to what I put onto my skin LOL. Back to the crusts. I was so happy to see the crusts because these are my favourite kind, the shortcrust pastry, when it comes to the Chinese Egg Tarts. I prefer these over puff pastry egg tarts simply because they look prettier, cleaner and easier to eat. I know I'm weird, you're allowed to say that out loud. 🤷🏻‍♀️

RECIPE LOVED BY MANY
Tart Passion Bakery shares the same tart recipe as the infamous Egg Tarts King located in Concubine Lane, Ipoh, which is operated by Angel's parents. Their recipe uses kampong chicken eggs, also known as free-range eggs. These are eggs laid by hens which are allowed to roam freely and eat a natural diet of grains. As a results, these eggs are considered healthier as they have less cholesterol, less saturated fat, more vitamin A and E, higher content of omega-3 fatty acids and more beta-carotene (source: friedchillies.com).

Tart passion bakery review
Watching Angel pour in the filling was so satisfying.

Tart passion bakery review
I just couldn't wait to try one Fresh Egg Tart myself. 🤤

best egg tart in kuala lumpur
Say hello to Angel! The beauty behind Tart Passion Bakery. 😍

best egg tart in kuala lumpur
Natural Pandan Tart in the making.

best egg tart in kuala lumpur
Going into the oven!

A TASTE OF HEAVEN
Okay maybe that's a teeeeeny bit exaggerated but I really love both the Fresh and Pandan Egg Tarts. I tried some that were baked earlier and man, they were soooo good! The fillings were silky smooth and they melted nicely in the mouth leaving an eggy taste. Oh, and the crusts 🤤. They were thin, crispy and not overly buttery or oily.  They just reminded me of that six egg tarts I had and certainly beat those sold at the bakery in Jalan Ipoh which I once rated as my number one egg tarts (not anymore although I used to only want egg tarts from that bakery whenever I was craving hard for some LOL). I really regret not grabbing a few more when I was at the stall! 😭

Follow me:
best egg tart in kuala lumpur
Also going into the oven, are the traditional kaya puffs (or more famously known as Kaya Kok)(far) and the Siew Paos (near).

MORE TARTS
While we were waiting for them to bake, I took the time to taste the Portuguese and Coconut tarts available at Tart Passion Bakery. It was hard for me to accept any Portuguese tart here in Malaysia after my trip to Hong Kong + Macao a few years back. Those that I've tried here were either too milky, too sweet, with a crust so thick the whole thing barely tasted like an egg tart or so fragile it just falls apart as soon as I took the first bite. But Angel's Portuguese Egg Tarts are different. The crust thickness was just nice and the taste, I only have one word for it, YUM!

I don't like Chinese Egg Tarts made with puff pastry but what's a Portuguese Egg Tart without a beautiful puff pastry? Let's take a second and admire the flaky crust.

The Siew Pao was really good too. Loved the savoury filling which is not too overwhelming!

Can you see how thick the custard filling is? I've swallowed my saliva multiple times looking at this photo!

Angel is preparing a customer's takeaway order.

Buy four Portuguese Tarts for RM 11 while four of any others for only RM10.

GIVE IT A TRY
If you're ever in the area, I highly (very highly) recommend you to get some of the fresh tarts and try. My favourites are both the Fresh and Pandan Egg Tarts because they are just immensely delicious. Their sizes are also much bigger compared to most other bakeries' so I thought they are totally worth the price. I'm also going back soon to give myself a little treat because I miss the egg tarts so so bad. If you love Fresh Coconut Tart or Kaya Kok, grab them too while you're there because they, too, are yummy!

Fresh Coconut Tarts at the far corner. The Coconut Tart fillings are made using shredded coconut mixed with butter and then baked at a high temperature.

Now now, I've told you about my favourite egg tart bakery, let me know what's yours in the comment section below so that I can try them out too! I'm waiting! ❤️

Address: 
Restoran Kopitiam Bintang, 60A, Jalan SS 21/39, Damansara Utama, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia


Phone:
+60 12-522 6026

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/tartpassion/

Operating hours: 
7.30am to 3.30pm (or until all sold out)

Operating days: 
Everyday except on Sundays

Thank you for reading, see you in the next post!



I post new contents on skincare every Tuesday and Friday. Follow me on Bloglovin' so you won't miss it when my next review is up!


I was invited for food tasting at Tart Passion Bakery (Damansara Utama) by Kiple through Kiple's Influencers Program. All thoughts are mine and 100% honest with all pictures taken by me. Check out Kiple's website: http://kiplepay.com/kip and get your KiplePay app here: http://bit.ly/tyrtpbbk.
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSave

36 comments

  1. wow the tart looks so tempting and delicious, will try it out when I visit Damansara utama area

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must try! Highly recommend the Fresh and the Pandan Egg Tarts! They are my favourites! <3

      Delete
  2. Fan of tarts. Love the green tea filing. I always love it if the crust is good taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High five! Those are actually Pandan Egg Tarts haha. The crust is super crispy and not oily at all!

      Delete
  3. I want 😋 My stomach growling ady. I heard their tart is very delicious, would love to try some, can belanja me 😏😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! Let's go! We go makan together haha :D

      Delete
  4. wahhh~ tarts! Who doesn't love them! My favourite are the ones from Hokkaido but I sure would love to give this a try next time I'm in KL.

    Myra | Pretty Little Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Hokkaido ones are too sweet for me! HAHA tried once then I gave up dy. You should! Tart Passion Bakery is totally worth it. :D

      Delete
  5. The tarts look delicious. I always go for those tarts that bake on the spot for its freshness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya! And best consumed immediately when it's still hot! Yum!

      Delete
  6. This kind of tarts reminded me of the tarts in UK... Esp jem tarts..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried any tart when I was in UK, are those similar to the Portuguese tarts? Wonder how jam tarts taste like!

      Delete
  7. yoyoyoy! omg how can i resist egg tarts, this one looks super smooth. I am going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yooo! HAHA I can't too! It's super tasty! Must try must try! :D

      Delete
  8. Oh my! The Siew Pao! And the puffs!
    That is so wrong that I want to be right while eating them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg! looks so good!!! i want the egg tart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum right? I'm so going back for another round hahah! Go give it a try! :D

      Delete
  10. Ohh these pastries are killing me, everything looks so delicious! Loving the story of how you ate all six egg tarts before your aunt could give them to your grandmother haha!!

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! What a greedy kid I was. You should try some if you ever visit Malaysia! :D

      Delete
  11. For people who like to eat egg tart, I want to try the pandan egg tart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeshhh! Those are super delicious I just cannot forget the taste!

      Delete
  12. I used to love egg tarts when I was younger but I think I ate too many so now I'm just ok with them, lol. That and the ones we have here usually don't taste that good and probably use low-quality eggs :/ These look and sound so yummy though, and I love that the owner makes them herself :D

    Jenny | Geeky Posh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeap! Me too! I love it when they make everything themselves! Go and try some when you visit Malaysia! :D

      Delete
  13. Wow, those tarts look amazing! I love how you photographed them being made! Beautiful post!

    http://roadesque.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Valerie! I felt so happy to be able to witness the tart-making process myself too! :D

      Delete
  14. This looks so so amazing!! Reminds me of my Portugal trip!
    Kira
    Kira Is Wearing
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must have had a lot of yummy Portuguese Egg Tarts! One day I shall go try out myself :D

      Delete
  15. yummy tarts! I will try them out soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go go! HAHA! Highly recommend the Pandan one and the normal egg tarts!

      Delete
  16. My husband would love it.. he loves egg tarts...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprise him with a box of them from Tart Passion Bakery! HAHA they are really yummy I think he's gonna love them! :D

      Delete
  17. i still remember how the soft , and melt-in-mouth tart tasted...
    love it - racheal

    ReplyDelete
  18. Omo this is just my favorite! I love tartssss. Will check them out soonest

    ReplyDelete
  19. The tarts looks yummy! I love this kind of chinese snack and pau.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Coconut tarts are my fave and it's not easy to find good ones. Can't wait to try them out when I have the chance.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to read this post and for leaving a comment too! You have just made my day! <3
Make sure to check back as all comments are read and replied to with much appreciation. :D