Monthly Special: Taylor Swift - The Best Day (Appreciation)

She was still so young.

A title borrowed from the singer I love the most for the longest time of my life, Taylor Swift. I make her an idol of mine for so many reasons (stop teasing me, Sushitra) if I am to write them down one by one I would most probably have to write forever. She is strong, she never gives up, she is determined, she is confident, she writes songs, her lyrics link, she is pretty (undeniable), she connects, she loves people, she shares stories, she......


Well, not everyone comes in here to see me describe how much I love her, shall we start with my real intention for this post? (Hint in title.) In this song Taylor talks about her mother and mentions a little about beloved father and brother. However, the limelight of this song is shone mainly on her mother, who dedicated most of her time playing the role of a caretaker for the young Ms Swift. I might not be able to write a song but hey I've got a blog! Let's put this blog to some good use now. 

It's a wonder how most people takes what they own now for granted. True, you might be born with a gold key in your mouth (a Chinese saying), you might have great parents who know how to raise you well (not materialistically, please), you might have sibling(s) who are understanding and loving (such lucky people, not to say I'm not though), you might have friends who like you for who you are (it means maybe you're a people person, I don't know), you might have a lover who treats you just right (how sweet is that?), you might own a body which is healthy and complete. But how many of us (including me) actually display an act of appreciation for all these things you own? Shamefully, for the person I am, I am very reluctant to show gratitude even though I know I should and even if I secretly want to. It defies the image I try to put on the outside and goes against my stubbornness. >.<

But why not make a change? Say thank you to people you appreciate! If you can't say it, write a letter and send it to them or even the social media (since it's something so useful and popular now) works too (like me: write a post in the blog)! Nevertheless, if you can and want to say it face to face, you should always do so and give the person you say thank you to a big hug because a hug always says more than words (my belief). 

So right here right now (told you I'm shy), I am going to make a long list to thank all these people who have walked into my life and guided me to the light before. 

!!WARNING!!
If you are not ready for loads of crying s***s and a lengthy post, let me direct you to this beautiful video by Taylor Swift (The Best Day)




Mummy, thank you for your love which knows no boundaries. From day one since you gave birth to me you have never complained of my troublesome behaviour and my disobedience. You are my pillar of support every time I face an issue and you give me strength each time when I want to give up. Without your persistence back then, I wouldn't have been what I am today. It is your (+ daddy) diligence that gives me a life like this. I hope you know although my mouth always denies what my heart feels, I love you forever and ever and I hope we can grow old together forever. Stay happy and please stop quarreling with daddy. *hugs*

Daddy, thank you for supporting my decision because your support means the universe to me. I may not have told you but you are always the one that I look up to especially when I am at a cross road. You give the wisest comments and are always able to show me the brightest paths out of my dark skies (had so many of them). Your snide remarks about some little things I've done are the most hilarious ones (they never hurt) and I love your lame jokes. I've seen how heavy your workload is from all these days of shadowing and I'm more than glad you try to put aside your work each time you're home to spend time with us. Thank you for realising your promise. Please remember you are the greatest dad in the world to me and I love you forever and ever. Stay healthy and sleep early! *hugs*

(Smelly) brother, thank you for being yourself. It's you who keep me younger than my age (seriously) and always energetic. I really enjoyed those times we spent in the game room together because they made up most of my childhood. I don't know whether you are the one who bullies me (please you're like one head taller than me now) or the other way around, please know that I love you no matter how much I like to toy with you. Stay safe (I can go insane if you aren't) and please try and grow taller! *chases him and hugs from the back* (LOL like a pedophile)

BUFFA (okay it's BUFFA), I don't know how I came up with such name: Burrito Fish*ss Fat *ss. It's the weirdest name ever. Anyways, thank you for being there during Pre-U. I cannot imagine how life would suck without your crazy laughter and insanity. I still regret for not filming the time you got a bug in your hair and you jumped up and down in the class shouting like it's nobody business. Gosh I miss those moments. OH ONE MORE! And the time you found a piece of dead people money in that physics textbook you borrowed from the library! Till today I still cannot forget that scream and everybody's reaction in class (everyone was in the class, around 18 of us, how embarrassing :P). For all these memorable times, I thank you for making me your bestie/girlfriend at time when we were most stressful and lost and helped me keep up my grades by being so damn hardworking. I love you ('somebody' don't jealous)! *hugs*

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
That big love made up of our arms says more.

Arveent, do you know you play a part too? Thank you for your words of inspiration and your poem. Thank you for talking to me when we were both waiting for our parents at Taylor's. We wouldn't have grown so close if without those little chats we had there. Do you know I actually tried reading the newspaper just so I could speak something more useful when I tallked to you? You have such wide knowledge and if I didn't read more I couldn't keep up with our discussion and would even give up talking to you (but I wanted to make you my friend, thank God I did). PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE EAT MORE!


Ding, the girl whose name is Yan Wen. Can't believe we actually become best friends because on the first day I thought you are so cool (your Eurasian look) I was scared to talk to you. Thank you for talking back to me and being so friendly (not horny, LOL, ya know what I mean), so funny and so caring because without all that my (short) dental life wouldn't be such a colourful chapter in my book of life. No matter how many times I say it, it is never enough for me to truly appreciate your kindness. Please continue to share with me your STORIES! p/s it is not bugging at all okay? I'm secretly (not so secretly now) happy that I have a friend like you who cares so much about me. STAY IN TOUCH PLEASE and love you long time! <3 *hugs*

Sushi, the girl whose name is actually Sushi Truck, I mean, Sushitra. Did you see your name up there? You and your hate. Glad to find out that Yu Xuan and I have the same love for her and she shall continue my legacy haha! Thank you for being so spontaneous (the name McDonald's shall recall something) and showing so much love each time you fought for my love with Ding. I think we make the best trio (not trisome please) and I pray for us to stay forever the same, if not closer. Thank you for writing such long letter with so many compliments, I'm literally up in the sky now. Please remember I love you a lot! <3 *hugs*

Micc Micc Michelle! Please please please don't cry :) It's very very heart wrenching to see you cry and I absolutely hate to see you cry. I miss those times that we hung out together. We would talk and laugh at random stuff (like your laughter) and who cares what the others think as long as we're enjoying ourselves? Stay strong and be tough! You can do it because I have so much faith in you. Just want you to know, I feel really blessed to have a friend like you. <3 *hugs*

Angeline aka MY an zhe li, thank you for being my housemate . I'm sorry I left you with the boys but meh you have Jian Wei! Haha! Oh yes! Although I've never said it to you face to face, I'm very happy for you and Jian Wei. Please stay sweet okay? *ANTS EVERYWHERE* An zhe li, thank you for believing in me and supporting my decision. You little act on the last day I stayed at covillea warmed my heart so much it melted into a pool of red water (okay that's a bit too much, bluek). But I'm speaking from the deepest bottom of my heart, thank you! <3 *hugs*

Suanitta!!!! I still remember the first day you sat down opposite me while I was alone. You introduced yourself to me and I immediately asked you if I can call you Swan. From that day onwards, I told myself I must make you my bestie and I can't believe I actually played a part in changing your mind. Discounted treatment please! :D Hahaha! Nah just kidding. :P Thank you for that lovely poem and OMG you could've just pretended you wrote it because I couldn't tell if it was yours or someone else's if without your note below (SERIOUSLY)! To many more years of friendship (3 years and counting)! <3 *hugs*

Jimmy aka Jimmaaaaaayy, THE housemate who was excited when I told him we could share a unit together. Who on earth bullies people just because their reaction to the bullying is adorable? Maybe a lot of people *gasps* Stop telling people to be friendly not horny please since you're the horniest person in Kitalahgigi (English translation: Weareteeth) Haha! :D No hug for you, bleh! No more #jimruthewondercouple. But do remember I care for you and I really don't mind more heart touching story-tellings (ya know what I mean too).

Jian Wei, first thing first, TAKE GOOD CARE OF my AN ZHE LI! Meh I know you will. >.O (Why did I wink) Please stop thinking about the PDS sh** because no matter how you decide I think my departure is fated. It would only be a matter of time I choose to go and it better be now before any life changing decision is made. Stay cool! :D

Yee Xuan the ROUND (according to Ding)! Thank you for reading my blog and be my source of strength! See I can never say thank you enough to express the gratitude I felt because it means the world to me to know that someone is actually reading what I write and secretly supporting me (if can not so secretly can ah? Haha!). Promise me you'll keep updating me with your life too, either by commenting or secretly messaging me, I don't care, you must, okay? *hugs*

V Ren the wax carver, SCANDAL! Haha! A piece of wax that says so much about this life I had with you guys. I will hold it very very close to my heart, I promise. Be it to remind myself of all the fun I had in the Lab and with you guys or the suckish moments we had to endure while preparing for many presentations, especially COP (not while we were having fun in that Sushi Room). SUPPPP!

Girlofnineinches aka Gigi Palsu aka the STETS!

Caroline I miss being in class with you! Till now I still cannot forget the moment we found out I was outed during orientation. Oh God you had no idea (wait I think you did) how nervous I was and all the seniors made me feel as if the world was coming to an end. Thank you for staying by my side all the time and being so friendly towards me when we first met. Jia you (English translation: keep it up) I know you can do it! <3 *hugs*

Baby Gaby honestly I didn't know you went through the same thing until you started telling me about it because you've always come to me as such a strong willed girl who knows what she wants in her life.Thank you for sharing with me your stories but mostly I'm just glad you stayed with us. Please never give up (maybe not a very good advice from me?) and trust me when I say you are going to be a great doctor in the future! <3 *hugs*

Can't believe I would actually own something so pretty from the people I love a lot in my whole life.
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️


MY LIFE IS FULL OF SO MUCH DISBELIEF NOW. 

Thank you for reading, see you in the next post!

2 comments

  1. Roos! Baby gaby here lol :P
    We'll always be here for you ah love yaaaa <3 <3 Keep us updated here okay? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWWWW GABYYYY!!! ❤️❤️ Thank youuuuu! Yes I will!!! ❤️ :D You guys too, okay?

      Delete

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to read this post and for leaving a comment too! You have just made my day! <3
Make sure to check back as all comments are read and replied to with much appreciation. :D