|REVIEW| Food Review: Ben's (A Birthday Celebration!)

ben's food review
Someone's growing old! And it's a day to celebrate!

Dad was asking me for my opinion on where to go for the much awaited celebration. Instinctively, my mind ran to Publika. There is where we always go for food because it has so many restaurants (that are really famous and genuinely good) and it is very close to where we live. By the time we reached home, I decided to fake my absence (yes I am totally a naughty kid). I told daddy to tell mummy I didn't go home and the rest was up to him to respond. 

My daddy was really good at this. He came up with the idea that I had extended class and was not able to make it to the time he was supposed to fetch me. All the while I was squatting next to my mummy's SUV, licking the delicious RM1 ice cream I just bought and smiling (laughing would create too much noise). While mummy was drowning in disappointment (I could hear it so clearly from her voice I felt bad for doing what I did), I jumped up with my ice cream and that's when that grin spread wide on her freckled face. Made my day. :)

As we all know, things don't always end perfect. It turned out we had limited time for celebration and brother was having a test the next day so we chose Publika over Kota Damansara. 
Mummy chose, we followed.

We ordered three main dishes and one salad for my stomachache (or not) brother.

By the way, I own none of the pictures below that I am showing you because I am not too keen on taking pictures while dining out. Although I did do it one or two times (like the ones from Dreamz Bakery). 

ben's food review
I ordered this: the Golden Soft Shell Crab Spaghetti. 
It comes with spicy leaves and cili padi but you can ask for non-spicy and that was what I did. 
Initially, the taste of this was heavenly but it got a bit disgusting in the end due to the creamy butter sauce. I love this dish but the soft shell crab was slightly disappointing because it tasted cold and bland. It was also less crispy than I had expected. 
Only recommended if you can eat fast and have a big stomach. :D

ben's food review
Brother ordered this: Burnt Butter Wild Mushroom Salad. 
He hadn't been able to make up his mind while ordering so he went with what I saw 'Recommended by Ben's'. 
The look on his face was so priceless when he saw this being put down in front of him that I couldn't help laughing every time he took a bite. 
Not to say it tasted awful but he is not a choosy person like me. He told us this was not something he would like and I know on the spot it wouldn't be anything near my favourite too. 
Just by judging the look of the salad itself, I wouldn't dare to try even if my brother said it was nice.

ben's food review
Daddy had this: Traditional Fish and Chips. 
Daddy thought that the fish was cooked in a size too big that it hadn't been crispy enough for him. I didn't get to try it out but I trust him better than my own taste buds. I love the chips of this dish though (or maybe I just love chips) (and yes I tried the chips).

ben's food review
Mummy's dish: Grilled Salmon with Sesame Seed

She said what she ordered was the best simply because everyone else was grossed out by theirs. Well I'd say that's true 'cause nothing can ever go wrong with salmon and rice. It does look delicious to me just by this picture and since I didn't get to try yesterday I would do it the next time I visit Ben's. 

All in all, we had a great night with each other. In these two years we had stopped getting full cakes for birthday because we always couldn't finish the cake when it is most fresh. But I find birthday celebrations like these more interesting as we get to really talk to each other and spend time exchanging life that we don't experience together. <3

Thank you for reading, see you in the next post!

No comments

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to read this post and for leaving a comment too! You have just made my day! <3
Make sure to check back as all comments are read and replied to with much appreciation. :D